The Development Bank of Rwanda is Rwanda’s only National Development Bank mandated to support Rwanda’s development goals. Over the last years, the bank has undergone substantial re-organization aimed at positioning it as an “innovative and sustainable provider of development finance for socio-economic impact”.
To achieve this vision, the bank’s new strategic plan (2018-2024) has outlined 3 key strategic themes.
- Operational Excellence: Continuous improvement of our credit and risk management system, financial performance, and customer services.
- Strategic Partnerships: Forming strategic partnerships to deliver our mandate is a key component of our core activities.
- Dynamic Culture: Continuously improving our pool of knowledge to have the most competent and skilled employees.
To help accomplish this ambitious and exciting vision, the Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD) would like to recruit suitable qualified candidates to fill the following positions:
BRD is committed to respecting gender equality and disability norms. We promote gender-responsive practices. Qualified candidates particularly females and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- MANAGER, PR, MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
|Job Title: Manager – PR, Marketing and Communications
||Current Grade: JG5
|Department/ Section/Unit: PR, Marketing and Communications
|Reports to: COO
|Direct Report: Officer, Communications and Customer Experience
||Indirect Reports: N/A
|Contract Terms: Open-Ended Contract
|Purpose of the Job
|To implement BRD brand, marketing, communication strategies and monitor their successes by ensuring the bank creates the awareness required in the delivery of BRD strategic objectives.
|Main Responsibilities of the Job
|Duties and responsibilities shall include but not limited to:
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of internal and external communications to effectively support the strategic objectives of BRD and convey its key messages to different stakeholders
- Create internal communications protocols and initiatives that will increase employee’s commitment and engagement.
- Develop and implement marketing plans, ensuring the allocation of the resources required, as well as timely implementation
- Develop and implement PR and Communication strategies in support of the BRD strategy
- Develop and distribute releases to the full range of media outlets and proactively seek media opportunities that support the Bank’s campaign objectives
- Develop BRD social media strategy, ensuring alignment with the bank’s overall marketing strategies
- Brief internal spokespeople and source/provide media training to ensure they are better skilled to respond to media opportunities at a local and national level
- Evaluate and report on the reach and impact of media activities through regular media monitoring and contribute copy to campaign evaluations.
- Research and author articles for BRD and other social media sites, newsletters and other media outlets.
- Create and maintain media contact lists, liaise with individuals and media outlets and develop and manage relationships with key media partners including outlets, PR agencies, and contractors.
- Coordinate the development, production and distribution of audio-visual materials (TV & Radio CSAs), web-based advertisements and other broadcast media materials.
- Support both internal and external campaigns and BRD spokespeople through the development of media messaging, briefing notes and act as a media spokesperson when required.
- Lead in the drafting and delivery of key publications including the Bank Annual Reports, Investor reports and newsletters
- Identify ways to improve information sharing to the wider organizations, our customers, investors, and partners
- Ensure digital and non-digital marketing materials are consistent with the bank’s brand.
- Offer full support and advising other departments on both internal and external communications matters
- Achievement of set targets against the CG, PR, and Communications
- Approved corporate branding material
- Accurate communication and press briefs
- Approved media outlets
- Increase awareness of BRD initiatives
- Active coverage of the Bank’s initiatives
- All departments/ Projects Managers within BRD
- BRD Funding Institutions/stakeholders
- Media outlets
|Professional, academic qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, Marketing, or related field
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in Marketing, Communication, and PR, two (2) of which must be at a senior management level in a similar institution.
- Having a wide experience of working in private or international institutions/companies
- Having a good experience in People Management
- Having experience in Budget and project management.
- Must be a confident communicator and presenter with excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Kinyarwanda and English
- Knowledge of French will be an added advantage.
- Extensive experience of working at a senior level in a Public Relations, Marketing, media, or communications role
- Proven experience of successfully raising initiative’s public profile
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience of producing press releases, copywriting and delivering presentations
- Experience in developing, implementing, and delivering communication strategies
- Experience in organizing corporate events
- Good IT skills with specific experience of using a range of social media platforms
- Experience in building and maintaining strong links with the media
- Superb leadership, communications, and collaborations abilities
- Experience in handling a press conference
- Proven ability to work and multi-task under pressure, respond quickly to changing situations in complex projects/ programs environments
- Ability to schedule work and deliver to tight deadlines with a high degree of accuracy in execution
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically
Interested candidates should apply online (https://www.brd.rw/careers /) and upload application documents including Curriculum Vitae, copies of degree certificates and professional certificates, motivation letter, names of three previous supervisors (as one document) as well as their emails and telephone.
Only online applications shall be considered.
Email-only for inquiries (not application): email@example.com
Address all applications to the Head, Human Capital, and Corporate Services of the Development Bank of Rwanda.
Deadline for application: Friday, April 23, 2021.
The employment package is highly competitive/attractive.
Only Candidates with the right qualifications and relevant experience shall be shortlisted and contacted for interviews.
Done in Kigali, April 9, 2021